after a relatively quiet period with a pandemic that forced us to limit our activities to low-cost online events, the Dutch Viola Society is once again reaching out to reunite violists with new and exciting LIVE events. If you are following us, you may have noticed that we already organized a couple of successful events in recent months, such as the high-profile masterclasses of Lawrence Power and Timothy Ridout. We were also present at, and contributed actively to the Britten viola competition and the 80th birthday celebration of Nobuko Imai last month.
For the coming months, we have loads of fun ideas in store, starting with the Viola Day in Dordrecht (May 29th), and more workshops and masterclasses after the summer. Organizing live events, however, implies some financial challenges. We therefore hope that you will support our cause by becoming a Friend of the DVS. For this purpose we return to the system of annual contributions / donations that we maintained up to 2019.
Being a Friend of the DVS only costs a few “tientjes” (euro tenners) per year, and in return you get a number of exclusive Friendship benefits, such as:
- Receive free or discount access to live DVS events
- Receive exclusive DVS discounts for concerts with top-notch violists
- Access to members-only viola resources on the DVS website (currently still open for all), such as sheet music, catalogues, course listings, career tips, previously recorded workshops, and more.
- Access to the DVS physical archive/library, consisting of rare old recordings and sheet music donated by friends.
- Stay up-to-date with DVS website news, newsletters and social media
- Your financial contribution is tax deductible (in The Netherlands)!
Only with your help can we become the best possible Viola community!
Find out how to capitalize that ‘f’ (in ‘friend’) and become a Friend – by clicking the Big Green Button below.
The Board of the Dutch Viola Society