Why should you become a Friend of the Dutch Viola Society?
With your help, we can organize more and higher-quality events, workshops, lectures, concerts, masterclasses and so on. Your support also allows us to maintain our website with unique resources for violists and viola fans, as well as our physical collections.
Being a Friend of the DVS only costs a few “tientjes” (euro tenners) per year, and in return you get a number of exclusive Friendship benefits, such as:
- Receive free or discount access to live DVS events
- Receive exclusive DVS discounts for concerts with top-notch violists
- Access to members-only viola resources on the DVS website (currently still open for all), such as sheet music, catalogues, course listings, career tips, previously recorded workshops, and more.
- Access to the DVS physical archive/library, consisting of rare old recordings and sheet music donated by friends.
- Stay up-to-date with DVS website news, newsletters and social media
- Your financial contribution is tax deductible (in NL, see below)!
What does it cost?
One calendar year of DVS Friendship costs:
|Youth / student (max 26 years of age)||€ 20,-|
|Adults (27 years or older)||€ 30,-|
|Household (2 or more housemates, any age)||€ 40,-|
You are of course welcome to donate more, that would make us even happier!
The DVS is recognized by Dutch tax authorities as an “Algemeen Nut Beogende Instelling” (cultural ANBI), which means that you can deduct 1.25x your donation from Dutch income taxes. Take a look here for more information about cultural ANBI.
How do you become a Friend?
Step 1 of 2: Send us your financial gift
a) EITHER by direct payment link (Rabobank):
scan the QR code on the right =>
or click on [this link]
(the amount of your donation can be adjusted).
b) OR by regular bank transfer (bank information here)
with a note: “Name, type, year”,
where “type” is either: Youth, Adult or Household
Step 2 of 2: Fill in and submit the online Friendship Sign-up Form below.
Once you have submitted the form, you should expect to received an automatic acknowledgement or receipt from the DVS. When the DVS has properly registered both your payment and your Friendship sign-up form, you will receive a definitive confirmation of your Friendship status.